Friday, August 20, 2010

Food For Thought


I was on lunch the other day reading Hot Rod Delux and looking at a 57 Chevy gasser and it hit me..... This car that I've loved my entire life is now 53 years old. When my kids (hypothetical) are in thier 20's the same vehicle wll be 75-80 years old, and a 2007 model vehicle will be considered a classic. So what vehicles then will be considered classics, hot rods, and kustoms? The cars from the 40's-60's were family cruziers that were chopped into hot rods. So will the kids of the future look to the 80's econo crap and 90's plastic P.O.S's or will the cars from the 50's still be the standard? Or will the hot rod be killed by the hand of the government because gasoline will be outlawed by 2032? I don't know what the future has in store, but I do know that the cars from the 50's and 60's will always have a place in my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment